Many of you have seen the devastation on the news about families all over Middle Tennesse who have displaced from their homes. Two of the groups that have received little to no attention in the media are the homeless and lower income populations throughout Nashville. Tent City has been destroyed and these people have lost everything. The mobile home park across the street from the Fairgrounds (where two elderly people died) has been completely wiped out.
A number of homeless groups and ministries have set up an emergency center at Woodbine Presbyterian (the corner of Nolensville and Thompson Lane) for these people to come eat, get a shower and some clean clothes. We are in need of the following items:
- Sleeping bags and blankets
- Toiletries (soap, toothpaste, tooth brushes, deodrant)
- Towels (wash clothes, hand towels, bathing towels)
- Bottle water and juice
- Snacks (jerkey, nuts, dried fruit, crackers, etc.)
- Gift cards (restaurant, food, phone, Walmart, etc.)
If you are local and can help with any of the above items, please let me know. Please pass on my contact information to your friends and family. Thanks.