Seems like I have been doing a lot of out-of-town speaking lately. Fortunately, my next gig will be in my own office, in front of a computer, with a headset attached. You should consider joining me on October 13, 2010, at 1:00 to 2:30pm (Eastern) for what will be an exciting webinar:
From Paper to Paperless:
Controlling Construction Documentation,
Improving Record Management, and
Identifying Risk in an Electronic Age
The event is hosted by It is sponsored by WPL Publishing Co., Inc., the publishers of Construction Claims Advisor, Construction Project Controls & BIM Report and Green Building Insider. Some of the exciting topics include:
- “Putting it in writing” rule – what should you record? What is the hearsay rule?
- Why are proper records so essential for claims and disputes?
- Critical project documentation – what you absolutely need to document; and non-critical documentation – what you don’t need to document
- How to use project management software and Web-based capabilities to move towards a paperless project, establish good audit trail and consolidate project documentation
- Are electronic documents subject to the same discovery rules as paper documents? Is a written instruction via e-mail the same as a change order?
- How do social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace) affect your project? Do you need a social media policy for your employees?
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
If you have any great construction “war stories” that you would like to share, please send me an email.
UPDATED: If you are a regular follower of the blog and want a huge discount to the webinar, please click here for registration. Make sure the link has “BLOGGER’S DISCOUNT”.